What will I blog?

What will I blog? Anything. Literally. I'll range from book reviews to rants to life obstacles to random thoughts and to just sophisticated nerdiness. (Woo hoo for nerds!) I love my literature, science, sociology, and so on and so forth. So be prepared! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

This may just ruin me.

Okay. So, here's the deal. I became vegan, and no, that isn't what is going to ruin me. I feel like I need to explain a few things before I get to my dilemma. 
Reason: I'll make this very simple. I won't bore you with my long list, but for now I'll cut it down to the basics. I became vegan for 3 reasons. 
 1) health - (I couldn't believe the crap they put in animal products that in the end go in to us such as antibiotics, steroids, the fats and cholesterol. There is plenty of more reasons, but that is a topic for another day.)
 2) environment - (meat and dairy industries are the leading cause of pollution and deforestation on this earth.)
 3) ethical - (it's basically an animal holocaust. Plus they food they do feed the animals is not even the food they need to survive.)
      It all started when I was at work. She is studying to become a dietician. I've never met a person so keen on holistic healing through diet and herbals (coconut oil, essential oils, and so on).  This got me really intrigued about what I was really eating and from which it came. Therefore, the research began. Netflix: vegucated, food inc., etc. documentaries helped me see what was happening.
Youtube: Gary Yourofsky, an amazing yet radical vegan activist. 
Internet: Earthlings.com - this will break anyones heart. This is what was the end straw for me.  There are books and internet articles that are out there that I looked up as well.

Okay enough with that stuff. Back to my dilemma.         

Cooking.

Well crap. I knew how to cook before, but with all animal and dairy products. This veganism is a whole new world. I'm going to have to start from scratch.    Literally.      
My best friend is so supportive of my choices. She even created a Vegan board on her pinterest so we can cook together, considering she's a Pinterest junkie--I found that very endearing. She even bought me a cookbook for christmas, vegan of course called  Vegan Diner by Julie Hasson.
                        
This is a great cookbook for my comfort foods like burgers, fries, and ice cream.
Steph, (my best friend), bought a cookbook for us to share. She kept it at her place so when I come over we can use that to do our kitchen experiences. Some end in tears and sometimes in joy, but that is the best part. Don't you think? It's all about the adventure of creating something in trial and error. This book is the one I'm challenging myself with to finish. 
                       
This is it. This cookbook has over 130 recipes that I want to finish before the new year January 1, 2015. I have 175 days to go as of today. This is challenging me to be disciplined and to stick to something for a short term goal. 

Miriam Sorrell. We are going to have a such a journey a head of us.       > Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment