What will I blog?

What will I blog? Anything. Literally. I'll range from book reviews to rants to life obstacles to random thoughts and to just sophisticated nerdiness. (Woo hoo for nerds!) I love my literature, science, sociology, and so on and so forth. So be prepared! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Soup that Changed Me.

My momma always told me that I should always be myself.  Well, I didn't listen.      That's right.                I didn't listen. Tried as I might, I failed.    Miserably. 

Miriam did the impossible. She actually made me change.   As of Monday the 14th, I became someone else. Know who that might be? Just guess..... 

                                   Gollum.             Yes, that's right.   This creature.
         

For all of you who aren't familiar with this creature (shame on you if that's true because Lord of the Rings is so freaking fantastic I can't even begin to explain), then you should know the basics. He becomes wholly obsessed with this evil ring that slowly poisons his mind into madness. His famous line is "My precious".


I became this. Miriam did this to me... in the best way possible.... if you can follow my train of thought. I made this dish that she has called "cream of leek, zuchinni, and parsley soup." 
                               
                     
                      

This was the BEST Veggie Soup I have EVER EVER tasted in my LIFE!   I can't even begin to explain how delicious and scrumptious this was to my taste palate! It started with cooking the zuchinni and leeks together.  mmmmmm mmmm good.
 Chop up. 

 Slice and dice that leek.


After that it was so simple to just add the ingredients in as you go along. 4 simple steps. That's it!

                              
I think the trick was to let the veggies cook in veggie stock for 45 minutes.  It really lets the flavors soak in and mix together perfectly.  After that it was to just blend it all together.  I used my Ninja blender, which worked wonderfully for this soup. 


                       It may look (as my sister puts it) like "baby poo", but it tastes out of this world.  At this moment in time, I was doing a taste test.  I looked down and saw a spare spoon dive towards my bowl.  As of which I followed up the occurence with a hand swat towards my sisters hand (and maybe a little hiss or two).  She knows the sibling rule. That bowl was my food, my precious. Get her own bowl. My soup. My precious.  :)

 We have a hard time sharing food as a family....when we really love a dish. :P 

   For all those nerds out there, becoming Gollum over a soup is as close as I can get to describing how much I loved this dish.  I can't recommend this soup enough. You HAVE to try it. Someday in your life. Branch out. Do something, or become something, new.

No comments:

Post a Comment