What will I blog?

What will I blog? Anything. Literally. I'll range from book reviews to rants to life obstacles to random thoughts and to just sophisticated nerdiness. (Woo hoo for nerds!) I love my literature, science, sociology, and so on and so forth. So be prepared! Don't say I didn't warn you.

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Chili con "Carne"

I love fall/autumn weather.  Jeans, sweatshirt, cool winds, bonfires, and the changing colors of nature calls for a perfect soup.  Like chili.  Now, I can't wait for fall. I can't. I'm too impatient. Can't help it. 

It's 90 degrees here in midwest Illinois with a humidity hot enough to make anyone feel like they are suffocating with each and every breath they take.        ..and I'm making a freaking soup.      This had better taste out of this world. This is the first time I had to use a meat substitute called ground veggie "meat".   Miriam's chili looks soooooo delicious, and I just couldn't wait until soup weather.

 

 BONUS: only 6 steps! 

I was so excited to make this recipe that I ended up taking the whole cookbook with me to the grocery store.  Lazy tip: if you are going to be getting more than a few ingredients from the list, then just take the book with you. I am a list person, but if my list is longer 5 or so items, I take the book with me.  That way I can look ahead  at some recipes and get random ingredients that I may need at a later time.  It's a lazy, yet productive way to grocery shop (personal opinion).  

I'm use to cooking chili only in the crockpot, so to have it on stove top was a new experience for me.  It only took an hour to make, which is faster than I would have thought. 45 minutes cooking on low heat.


and another 15 minutes with the added last minute green peppers..... 


..............and.. bada boom! All done!



This was by far one of the BEST chili's that I've had! I tip my hat off to you Miriam!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment